• Thursday

    3 April, 2025

  • 12.4°
    Overcast

    Mykolaiv

  • 3 April , 2025 Thursday

  • Mykolaiv • 12.4° Overcast

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine responded to Trump's statement: «We will defend the right to exist»

Міністр закордонних справ України Андрій Сибіга. Фото: Getty imagesUkraine's Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha. Photo: Getty image.

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha has commented on Donald Trump's remarks about the war in Ukraine. He stressed that the country has withstood «the worst military attack in the modern history of Europe» and will continue to fight for its existence.

As you know, US President Donald Trump criticised President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy, calling him «a dictator without elections». In addition, according to him, Volodymyr Zelenskyy admits that half of the money sent by the US «missing».

«Ukraine has withstood the worst military attack in modern European history and three years of all-out war. The Ukrainian people and their President Zelenskyy have refused to give in to Putin's pressure. No one can force Ukraine to surrender. We will defend our right to exist», said Andrii Sybiha.

Peace talks

Advertising

Earlier, Donald Trump said that the United States was conducting constructive negotiations on a full-scale war with Ukraine and the Russian Federation. In particular, he expressed hope that agreements would be reached as soon as possible.

He also claimed that Washington had already made some progress in negotiations to end the war between Russia and Ukraine.

In addition, Donald Trump indicated that his administration had already held discussions with Moscow, but did not specify who participated in such a dialogue. Also, during his phone conversation with Volodymyr Zelenskyy, Trump never said that Europe needs a seat at the table in negotiations on Ukraine.

Earlier, Volodymyr Zelenskyy stressed that negotiations between the United States and Russia to end the war without Kyiv's participation pose a threat to everyone.

Volodymyr Zelenskyy also noted that he was ready to sit down with Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin for the sake of peace, despite his hostile attitude. He also added that he did not see a ready-made peace plan from Trump, but conveyed his readiness to negotiate.

However, Russian President Vladimir Putin said he was ready to «allocate people» to negotiate with Ukraine to end the war. At the same time, he called any such talks «illegitimate».

Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that Ukraine does not recognise the loss of its territories, but is ready for diplomatic solutions to return them if it becomes a NATO member.

Advertising

Read more: